Richland School District Two, in conjunction with the SCHSL, has announced their guidelines for return to athletic participation. Participation will occur in 3 phases.
Richland Two schools may begin Phase 1 participation for Fall Sports on June 29. Each athlete is encouraged to contact their sport’s head coach by email (Fall Sports Head Coach Contact Info 2020) to get information regarding their sport’s start date and to sign up for a workout group.
Before participating each athlete must have the following on file in the athletic department:
- A completed 2020-2021 Sports Physical Packet / Sports Physical Packet_Spanish dated on or after April 1, 2020.
- A completed RSD2 Athletic Covid Waiver / Athletic Covid Waiver – Spanish signed by a parent and athlete
In addition to the required forms above being on file, in order to participate:
- Each athlete must bring their own water bottle daily and be dressed for participation upon arrival. Locker Rooms will not be available for use.
- Each athlete must be wearing a face covering upon arrival and must have it on except when actively participating in drills. Each athlete is responsible for bringing their own face covering daily.
- Each athlete must practice social distancing (minimum of 6 ft when inactive or actively participating)
- Each athlete must pass a pre-screening questionnaire/temperature check (daily) before being allowed to participate that day
- Cheer Tryouts will be the week of June 29th. Contact Coach Butler for details.
- Football workouts for rising sophomores, juniors and seniors will begin on July 6th. Freshmen will not be included until later in July (stay tuned for updates). Contact Coach Richardson for your group assignments and other information.
- Volleyball workouts are scheduled to begin July 6th. Contact Coach Wilcher for more information.
- Cross Country workouts are presently being held virtually. Contact Coach Rice (Girls) and Coach English (Boys) for more information.
- Girls Tennis and Swimming will be held at a later date. Stay tuned for an announcement.